Friday, December 25, 2009

ECZEMA SUFFERS! what steroid cream best works for you?

i wana get an idea of which creams work the best....need your help|||I have lived with eczema all my life. It really sux big time because scratching becomes involuntary when one is asleep, so may end up scratching till it bleeds. Sometimes before I sleep, I consciously remind myself to associate itch with immediate wake-up. This is so that I could do remedial actions (like soaking hands in cool tap water, apply moisturiser, turn on the air-con etc). Scratching really doesn%26#039;t help.





As far as possible, I try to avoid the use of *steroidal cream. I only use it when the condition worsens seriously. Even so, I apply sparingly on affected areas 3 times a day, for at most 2 days, after which I let it cure by itself. And of course, frequent use of moisturiser until full recovery.





My recommendations:





Dermasone (comes with different concentrations in metallic tubes of different colours. Can obtain from local government polyclinics. Always start with the lowest concentration.)





*Steroid-based cream causes skin-thinning. Please use with care.





QV lotion, big bottle (for use at home)





Neutrogena handcream (small and handy; for use outside)|||Ellidel. It%26#039;s quite spendy but if you get a prescription your insurance should cover it. It does wonders for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment