Friday, December 25, 2009

My two year old has bad eczema behind his legs what kind of cream could I use?

Eucerin cream or luberderm. They are both recommended.|||I use Baby Eczema cream by Gentle Naturals on my son. I think that%26#039;s what it%26#039;s called. It%26#039;s the only thing that has ever worked for him. Sometimes I would mix in a little Hydrocortisone cream if it was especially itchy. I hope you find a remedy. I know how bothersome it can be :(|||All three of my kids had eczema, expecially behind their knees. My two year old still has it. What I would recommend, after seeing several doctors is to bath them daily and immediately after taking them out, put Aquaphor ointment on. This seals in the moisture. Put the ointment on twice daily. (This can be purchased at the grocery or drugstore). If this doesn%26#039;t help, then see your pediatrician and they can prescribe some steroid cream. Sometimes you need to use this for 1-2 weeks just to get it under control and then you won%26#039;t see the eczema for months. Also, avoid using any soaps, perfumed lotions and sunscreen on those body parts, it will only aggravate it. Good Luck.|||my daughter had the same problem. I used Aveeno oatmeal products but it really did not help much. Later I learned that eczema is a symptom of food allergies (she is allergic to gluten and reacts to oats- this is why the aveeno did not help) I suggest finding out if there are food allergies there and getting him off of those foods. I would be willing to bet you will see a significant improvement in the eczema. You want to be careful of the creams you use - a lot of them have things in it that are not good for the skin or body. Better that you find out what is causing the eczema and take care of it from the root that to just look for temporary relief that will not cure the problem.|||If it%26#039;s a really bad case of eczema, talk to your pediatrician about a sample of Elidel.





The stuff is MAGIC. It cleared up our kids%26#039; eczema in just a few days, and you only need a little tiny bit.





The downside is that it%26#039;s been statistically linked to cancer, so it%26#039;s not recommended for long-term use and they don%26#039;t hand it out like candy at the doctor%26#039;s office anymore. But for short-term use, there%26#039;s nothing better.





Once you get it cleared up, you can try Aquaphor to keep it cleared up.|||Elidel does work well, but it depends on how severe the case... to help with the itching (and some of the redness) i found a cream by %26quot;gentle naturals%26quot; called %26quot;baby eczema cream%26quot;, and it works fairly well, and smells rather good, and it%26#039;s very mild and non-irritating...|||Elidel and oatmeal bathes....your shild should probably be seen by a doctor because eczema can get infected because lets face it no childs nails are clean all the time, but they dig and scratch at it all the time.|||Most pediatricians recommend Eucern Cream. It is in the lotion isle at the store. I know Wal-Marts Equate brand is nearly identical in ingredients and is half the cost of the name brand.





my sister in law uses on my nephews eczema and it works WONDERS for him!|||i use the aveeno itch cream with the body wash. it works really well. im some casses the lotion that goes with it is a plus too, to help dryness throught the day. my dr. also gave me medicine but you should still check out with the dr. to see what is best for your child.|||Aveno oatmeal cream worked wonders on my son.|||My son has the same problem and there is some cream for that sold by avon. It does work and it stops the itching, my son is doing ok now|||The best thing i found for my son is , Aveno lotion. There are about 3 or 5 different kinds, but the regular Aveno lotion is the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment