Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have Atopic Eczema I need creams to apply to My skin Any suggestions?

I've seen a number of dermatologists and I'm convinced they know nothing about eczema. Everything I have ever been prescribed has made it worse. Atopic Eczema would suggest that your skin is sensitive to certain substances that are very common in the modern world. Things your skin is probably allergic to. There are some minor lifestyle changes you can try to make things better, assuming you have not done so already.





First, check your laundry detergent. Make sure it is free of dyes and fragrances as these may irritate sensitive skin. If you wash your bedding and clothing in something you are allergic to, it will make your eczema much worse. Second, check your skin care products for dyes and fragrances as well. Women should use hypo-allergenic make-up. Third, don't take long or hot showers. Try to keep cool and hydrated. Heat and sweat seem to make it worse.





Many doctors think it has something to do with food; I think it depends on the person. I know if I eat too much chocolate it affects my skin. Try cutting down on junk food- this almost always helps a skin problem. Wheat is commonly said to be bad for people with eczema, I do not know how accurate this is, I usually say away from it to be on the safe side. Definitely drink lots of water- it's always good for skin care. I've heard taking vitamin B12 helps, but I have not tried it myself.





Over the counter products seem to work the best. Try the Aveeno line. They have a hydro-cortisone cream specifically for eczema and it is the only thing I find that works. Use it sparingly; cortizone isn't the best thing for your skin because it is a steroid, but it is our only option as eczema sufferers. For times between using the Aveeno cream, try Vanicream- you can get it over the counter. You have to ask the for it because they usually keep it behind the counter. Also try Aveeno oatmeal bath treatment. I even use it (the bath oatmeal) as a facial once a week or when my skin gets really bad.





Overall, the best thing to do is take care of yourself. Find out what your skin allergies are and accommodate them. Eat healthy and natural foods and drink enough water. Take your vitamins and try to stay as stress free as possible as eczema can be triggered by anxiety. Get enough sleep. Be on the look out for natural solutions- they are better for your skin than chemicals. There are many possible 'treatments' published online that include natural items like vinegar, oatmeal, honey, etc. You just have to try your own thing, everyone is different.





Here is the Aveeno product line:


http://www.aveeno.com/productListAction.do?pid=8000





Vanicream (and and other anti-irritant) Products:


http://www.psico.com/





Laundry Detergents:


ALL Free %26amp; Clear





For Usual Skin Care:


Moisturizer: http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetails_37.asp?lProductLineID=13


Astringent: http://www.witchhazel.com/skincare_yellow.htm





A Book that you may find helpful:


http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/006072224X/sr=8-1/qid=1154285418/ref=pd_bbs_1/104-8907230-9292741?ie=UTF8








Good Luck!I have Atopic Eczema I need creams to apply to My skin Any suggestions?
MANGOSTEEN.......contact me by email thru here and I'll lead you to information. Many doctors are now recognizing mangosteen juice and are using it to help counter the effects of Eczema, Psoriasis and many other health challenges. All natural, fully patented and it tastes fantastic! Mangosteen juice is the fastest growing health supplement in history. Helps to rebuild the immune system on a cellular and molecular level, which is the basis for good health.I have Atopic Eczema I need creams to apply to My skin Any suggestions?
try crolim ointment,lacticare 1% lotion,or efaderm cream..

No comments:

Post a Comment