Friday, December 25, 2009

I have really bad eczema...what kind of skin creams would be best for it?

I have really bad eczema and I was wondering which would be the best skin cream for it.Everything I have tried has practicly burned. My eczema is really really bad and I have gone to a dermatoligst and creams with steroids burn to. Will it ever go away?|||Cortisone is the answer. 1 percent is okay... doctor can go higher if needed.|||Don%26#039;t scratch it. This is the hardest thing to do, because I think you become addicted to the relief scratching brings - especially when the eczema patch is at it%26#039;s most hideous, jacked-up state. It sounds over-simplified, but stop scatching. Report Abuse
|||U have to be careful and not do things to overly irratate it. I no it%26#039;s hard, but go 2 different dermatoligsts and get second opinions on creams.|||I have extremely bad eczema myself. Going in pools with chlorine and the ocean really burned but it actually helps it it will dry it out. But two things that you can go to any store and get is selsun blue the shampoo when you shower or whatever use it like soap where ever the eczema is and wash it off. Also Noxzema** it comes in a tub type thing its a sort of creme for blemishes that really helps also, rub it on like a creme and do not wash it off. Most prescriptions that I have gotten havent helped any... basically made it worse, made me itch more. I would definitely try both the noxzema and selsun blue shampoo(its a bit expensive for shampoo) but it really does work for me. Hope this helps.|||I also have eczema. I would have to say that Aveeno is the best for me. It doesn%26#039;t burn or have a heavy fragrance. Eczema won%26#039;t go away, you%26#039;ll just have good and bad days with it. I was born with it and still have it as an adult. I stay away from lotions that contain aloe, lanolin as a main ingredient (if it%26#039;s at the bottom of the list, it%26#039;s usually not bad), cocoa butter, any type of dyes or heavy fragrances. I did get a prescription from my doctor that worked really well. It was a steroid cream, but didn%26#039;t burn. I can%26#039;t afford it, so I don%26#039;t use it anymore. The Aveeno works good for me...I use the one with the green label. Also, don%26#039;t take really hot baths or showers they only dry out your skin more. And use a body wash with moisturizers like johnson and johnson body wash, not soap to wash with. Stay away from soaps with dyes and heavy fragrances as well. I use Dove. (Not the body wash, just the bar) or the johnson and johnson bodywash. And put on lotion right after you get out of the shower, it will soak in better because your pores will be open then. Hope this eases the pain a little.|||when talking about eczema in teh worst case teh BEST person to ask about that would be ur dermatologist. No one here can really gage how bad your eczema is and what works and doesnt for you. Your derm is the ONLY one who can guide you on that!|||elidell eucurin cream not lotion vaseline bactrobane|||Have you ever tried BeautiControl%26#039;s Therapeutic Bath Minerals. It has minerals and salt from Dead Sea. It alleviates the dryness, burning and itching from eczema and psoriasis. Water can dry out the skin and irritate the affected areas even more. Just soak in the tub with a cap full of the minerals. It%26#039;s relaxing too! There is also and Extreme Repair for the Face and Body that works great.|||Diflorasone Diacetate Ointment USP, 0.05% by Taro....the tube is red and white....ask ur doctor about it....i used to have really really bad eczema and i tried a lot of different treatments....this one worked the best for me....it does contain steriods, but it never burned when i used it unless i had scratched open an outbreak...then it burned a little...however it doesnt burn long like a lot of treaments...it stops quickly...ive been using it for about 2-3years and i am almost completly rid of my eczema...i only use it now on very rare breakouts and it clears it in a few days....i really suggest u try this....my doctor gave me my first tube free....but i the prescription price is around $16.00...and its completely worth it....i wish all the luck....i knoe how much of a pain eczema is :)








Extended: oh and yes it is possible for you to out grow eczema if you%26#039;re young...and treatments can help prevent breakouts from occuring completely in some cases....Hope this helps!|||try arbonne%26#039;s baby line, its had great results with children and adults, also there is a skin conditioning oil which is awsome!! if you want samples just email me from my site. i can also send you before and after photos.|||u did the right thing in going to a dermatologist but u need ointment i had the same problem and the only thing that helped me was Ultravate it is an ointment and i promise it worked for me it%26#039;s a little expensive but insurance helps and it%26#039;s worth it cause excema isn%26#039;t fun|||i have it really bad too and i went to a dermatoligist and he prescribed me some cream and it works really good its call TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE CREAM USP,0.1% it is only a prescription that your doctor can give you so just ask ur doctor to prescribe it to u..and no it will never go away but it canget better|||the steroids are horrible. i was on them for a while (well . . .i still am on them so I%26#039;m reading the answers, too) but you need to GET OF THE STEROIDS THEY ARE BAD IN THE LONG RUN!!! my dermatologist told me this story of a patient of hers that has been on the steroids for about as long as they%26#039;ve existed for eczema (or all her life i don%26#039;t remember) and her face is one giant stretch mark because it had made her skin so thin. she gets constant infections in her face, too and has to come in once a week. just thought i%26#039;d warn you.|||My doc prescribes on with steriods in it for me.|||uhh, babyoil or olive oil or aloe vera gel is your best bet|||I truly feel for you. I had the same problem for YEARS and my dermatologist finally told me that my only option would be microderm abrasion. I was allergic to alot of the expensive creams and the one%26#039;s I wasn%26#039;t allergic too didn%26#039;t fix the problem, they were just a temporary relief but only for a few hours. I finally tried Arbonne%26#039;s Anti-Aging NutrimenRe line and that was my answer. Every Christmas and birthday now my husband allows me to spend $150 for my 6 month supply (some of the products last me longer but the average is 6 months for the entire product line) and it keeps my eczema CURED and not just %26quot;improved%26quot;. If you can find an Arbonne rep near you they%26#039;ll usually let you try the product line for free for a weekend so you can see if it helps. I knew by the second day that the product was making a dramatic difference in my skin. FYI- I%26#039;m assuming the eczema is on your face. If that%26#039;s not the case then you could still try one of the Antiaging body creams or L%26#039;Occitane products. Both are excellent for the body treatment of eczema but Arbonne%26#039;s the only one that worked for my face.|||I also have bad eczema, has your doctor recommened Elidel, its a non-steroid based cream, and the only thing that helps me get rid of my exzema. Although this is a black-box product and your doctor may be hesitant to prescribe it to you.





FDA Drug Warning


As of January 19, 2006, the FDA has approved a black box warning for Elidel and Protopic about a possible cancer risk from these drugs. It is important to note that although they are adding the warning, %26#039;a causal link has not been established,%26#039; and reports of cancer have been %26#039;rare





Oatmeal baths also help, hope this helped.|||I had a mild case of eczema. When i used Sarna, I was not itchy at all!!! It provides a cooling sensation that helps you not desire to itch. Putting it on everynight should prevent itching. Good Luck!|||i have eczema too. depending on how bad it burns, i really to break it to you, but you have to get used to. i had that problem too and my dermatologist told me that it should hurt. sorry. i use elidel and it works. i use it and differin on my eczema. ask your dermatologist, they should be able to help a lot.|||Have you tried any of the Arbonne skin care products?


They are all botanically based, and I%26#039;ve heard from other consultants of customers with eczema having good results.


I have a sample pack of the %26quot;intelligence%26quot; line that I could send you. Its about a 5 day supply, if you poke a little hole in top of the foil packets.


It contains:


1. wash


2. Thermal fusion mask (exfoiliates, increases blood flow to surface of skin, refines.....use twice a week)


3. toner


4. eye cream


5. Moisturizer


For all over body care I would recommend the Intelligence body lotion. (it usually runs $19.50, but you can get it for $6 witha $50 order)


YOu can check out all the products online at http://www.arbonne.com


e-mail me if you%26#039;d like the free sample. I%26#039;d be more than happy to mail it to you. Best to try before you buy, especially when you have special skin needs.|||I have read good things about coconut oil. The Body Shop has a Coconut Body Butter that contains coconut oil. Give it a try. This helped my dad when he a rash on his legs and nothing else helped. I also use it on my badly chapped hands. It doesn%26#039;t burn or itch when I apply it. Make sure you get the COCONUT Body Butter and not the COCOA Body Butter. Also, if you try and find cheaper versions read the labels carefully most contain shea butter and not coconut oil. Best wishes!|||i have eczema and the only thing that really healed it and fast was prescription cream from the doctor. I don%26#039;t think it was very expensive and it actually hasn%26#039;t been back!|||There is a new cream out called Gloves in A Bottle. I works really well. It is a barrier cream that keeps moisture in. I know this lady that got rid of her Eczema with it.|||I wish that I could tell you what skin cream would be best for it. I also suffer from excema, however, I have a very mild condition of it. If you get any great ideas that actually work please e-mail me and let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you. :)|||Hi,


I have eczema too, but mine is prolly not as serious as your condition. I have been consuming a product called imu6 and it has helped to stop my eczema outbreak. Imu6 is a colostrum by the way. Unlike creams that have healing functions, imu6 serves as a preventive measure, preventing the outbreak of eczema. I can%26#039;t be sure if it will completely heal eczema if taken in the long run because my eczema did resurface when I stopped consuming the product for about a month, but it appeared alot milder than usual. Well, I would think that it%26#039;s worth a try as there are no side effects involved. Feel free to drop me a msg or email me if you would like to find out more... I know eczema can be really frustrating.|||Sarna sensitive!!!|||I agree with some of the others, I would get a second opinion. I found that everyone has favorites and creams that work for them. What might work on me...might not work for you. Still, I have tried many. My favorite moisturizer is by Principal Secret it%26#039;s the moisturizer from her Advanced line. Lasts all day long, has spf and believe me when it is on you will not tan! She has her own website or is sold on QVC. You might want to try her 3 piece regime. Victoria Principal did this line because she is allergic to make-up and skin cremes. Might work for you.|||http://familydoctor.org/176.xml





Do NOT self-treat yourself with hydrocortisone. If you have cracks in your skin, or use it over more than a small area of skin, or cover it with a bandage, you can absorb too much steroid and have problems with side effects.





http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczema鈥?/a>





http://www.skincarephysicians.com/eczema鈥?/a>|||Try Hydocotisone over the counter 1%, also try Eucerin, it%26#039;s greasy but does help.|||My advice would be to use someting mild. dont go for all of that dermatologist junk! you are probably getting ripped off. all they want is money. try just usign something hypo-allergenic, like neutragena or aveeno. you can also try different herbs, just do a little research on which ones to use first, and also, before you use anything on your body, try a little on your wrist to make sure you dont have a bad allergy or reaction. hope you get it under control. oh, otmeal lotion might work, but remember go gentle, nothing should you use should make you feel worse.|||Warm up some milk with oatmeal and add a bit of olive oil. Put on the area effected until it dries. Rinse off and then put on some milk based lotion.|||Try some natural remedies

No comments:

Post a Comment