Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What is the best cream to use for Eczema?

My 5 year old son has severe exczema. I have tried everything on him. Elidel worked for a little bit, but he would get used to it and break back out. (Then it was reported that it could cause cancer, so...) Other creams like Eurcerin and Aquaphor broke him out worse and would burn when I put it on him. His Dr. prescribed Pro-Topic, a cream that's applied everyday. It is the best thing he's ever had. Within 1 day his legs and arms were clearing and he was hardly scratching. And it doesn't burn! Lavender seems to work for him as well--even just the lavender baby bath. Vaseline works as well, but it must be applied within 5 mins after getting out of the bath, since that's when your body loses most of it's moisture. (I use Vaseline with lavender and chamomile on Micah) Also, you should only stay in the bath for about 15 mins and bathe in lukewarm water. Use a plain soap with no perfumes--original white Dove bar soap is the best. Good luck and I hope this helps!What is the best cream to use for Eczema?
I have heard that either Eucerin or Aquaphor are recommended for babies. Also, talk to you doctor but I have heard that you should check to see what is causing it- either a food allergy, contact from clothing, and/or bath soap (I know my DD is sensitive if we bathe her too frequently, and we used regular Dove soap for a while).What is the best cream to use for Eczema?
Eucerin
Eucerin
This stuff works wonders, especially if applied right after an oatmeal bath:





http://www.epinions.com/content_17774585鈥?/a>





It's all but eliminately my daughter's eczema
I have found that Eucerin worked the best for my family, one of my nieces and one of my nephews and my son all suffered from Eczema and we all have used this cream and found it to work well... my niece did have a more serious case and was seeing a dermatologist who also recommended this cream...
My granddaughter has eczema and we use Gold Bond Medicated body lotion on her, the ';triple action relief for extra dry %26amp; itchy skin'; formula. It works great. A nurse in her doctors office also recommended plain ol' shortening, like Crisco that comes in the tub. We prefer the Gold Bond because of the scent, but the Crisco did work.
Try Autopalm. This


dry skin mlm is one of the best seller at skinstore.com now.


(Skinstore.com holds more than 10,000 skin care products) It's pretty effective, and worth the dollar paid out.








Here's are some good references:





Eczema


http://www.dry-skin-care-guide.com/eczem鈥?/a>





Products that are effective to eliminate dry skin


http://www.dry-skin-care-guide.com/produ鈥?/a>
definitely eucerin, cetaphil is also good for milder eczema
Eucerin is the best. My daughter had eczema and it worked great!
Elidel its a perscription but the BEST OF ALL
Lots %26amp; lots of Eucerin cream (not lotion). Also can try vaseline or Aquaphor. Apply cream after washing with warm water, when skin is still moist. For medicated ones, try hydrocortizone %1. If all fails, need to see a doctor for stronger medicine.
My physician recommended Eucerin.
eucerin or aquaphor for babies. My baby has it and the doctor gave me locoid lipocream. But you take a bath and use eucerin after each bath and that will help
I had prescription cyclocort (a cortizone cream) that was the absolute best. I have also used elocon on the kids eczema- As for an over the counter cure I swear by Bagbalm- it keeps the moisture in, does not irritate or burn and is also an antiseptic. I use it for many healing areas and not just eczema- but diaper rash and cuts. You can find it in a pharmacy or in the pet section of a store (it was designed for chapped cows udders) My daughter had lip repair as a baby and she had to use it on her stitches on her lip as per doctors orders. Its safe and effective!
I have eczema and I use auquaphor you can get it at wal-mart and it works wonders, I even went to a dermatologist nothing works like this stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment