Friday, December 25, 2009

Why does cream make my eczema worse?

i have pretty mild eczema; i have always had it and im nearly 20.





it is almost exclusive to my neck and inside of my arms, but occasionally get little bits on backs of my knees and other places but its never bad there.





its almost always on my arms/neck to some extent.





so heres the thing, i go to the doctor for cream (i had a steroid cream before in a small tube and i found it did a good job - apparently bad for skin in long term though - so i wanted it again) but he gave me a big pump of stuff, i have had these big pumps before and i have always found they really irritate my skin.





they dont make the eczema flare up, it just starts to itch really badly and i innevitably scratch it.





why is this? surely im not allergic to the cream?





oh and my eczema ALWAYS gets pretty red and angry looking when i have been exercising/sweating - why is this and how can i prevent it?





are there any other treatments for mild eczema?





thanks|||Hi, you can try one of the natural treatments available on the Internet (just google %26quot;natural treatment for eczema%26quot;) and take your pick. Some of them do actually work. For my atopic eczema I use herbal cream by Champori quite successfully. It takes just a couple of weeks to clear the spots and they then stay clear for months on end.


Try it: Champori is available online without prescription and comes with money back guarantee so if it doesn%26#039;t work for you - it%26#039;s free.|||I too have mild eczema on my elbows and knees. I%26#039;m 37 and I%26#039;ve had it since college. It really depends on the cream. I%26#039;ve been prescribed topical steriods that have made spots disappear but they thin the skin so can only use for limited time. I%26#039;ve also had prescription creams that make my eczema flare up so I stopped using those and ask for something different to try. Personally I%26#039;ve started taking fish oil supplements (the kind w no aftertaste) but also I use coconut oil for a topical treatment. It definitely softens up the red area for a long period of time.


As far as exercise and making the patches red... this is normal and there is nothing you can do about that. I assume the reason if bc of increased blood flow to the surface of the skin. I%26#039;m fair skinned so I get red just working out anyways so I assume this is the reason.|||The main cause of eczema is overreaction of the immune system. Identifying certain foods, chemicals, etc can be very helpful in battling this disease. I try to avoid soy and milk products which trigger my flare-ups.


After using number of prescription drugs I%26#039;ve turned to the natural treatments.


Now I use herbal remedies from serenaskin.com, which aim at the root of the disease - the immune system, and are steroid-free.


After about 2 weeks of using ointment and spray my skin has been cleared up and now I just continue with anti-eczema extract, which controls the immune system. My skin has been clear for months now.


It is the only treatment I have found that provides me complete relief when I use it as directed.

No comments:

Post a Comment