Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What are the best creams, soaps, lotions, etc. to treat eczema?

Cetaphil has a great line of soap and lotion for those that suffer from eczema. It is a little more expensive than regular soap and lotion, but in the long run it pays off.What are the best creams, soaps, lotions, etc. to treat eczema?
Generally use a steroid cream to treat active eczema (atopical dermatitis). You can get alot stronger ones by prescription than over the counter. A general rule of dermatologists is you do things to wet a rash if its too dry, and you do things to dry a rash if its too wet. You can have a secondary infection in such a rash, if you're not clean, which could require antibiotics.What are the best creams, soaps, lotions, etc. to treat eczema?
flax seed oil
PINE TAR SOAP; TEGRIN (a fancy pine tar saop)
Palmer's cocoa butter
goat milk soap from http://www.vagoatsoap.com
vaseline with no scent. nothing with scent will help. but to be exact vaseline intensive care Total moisture. should do the trick! you can get it anywhere.
hi I have ezcema all my life. I am 32 years old, married with two children now and i still get flare-ups. I use the good ole Vaseline nonscented and apply right after a bath. I used to use topisolon and mix it with the vaseline to streach it but I have stopped and only use when I have flareup. To bathe I use phisoderm as I am allergic to the popular cetaphil ( Cetaphil has a wide variety o soaps creams for excema).

No comments:

Post a Comment