Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My daughter is 8.has slight eczema,her skin is always';ashy';and she itches a lot.any good creams or lotions?

You have to try out different things, but beware, stay away from prescriptions like Mylicon etc. They have hormones in them that can affect her in the long run. Some of the great ones are lotions that are non greasy but moisturizing. Natural stuff like cocoa butter cremes with no additives and all natural stuff. Oatmeal baths are wonderful and avon has a great line call moisture therapy which works greatMy daughter is 8.has slight eczema,her skin is always';ashy';and she itches a lot.any good creams or lotions?
Aveeno lotions are good. My daughter has same problem.My daughter is 8.has slight eczema,her skin is always';ashy';and she itches a lot.any good creams or lotions?
my daughter has eczema. i started giving her cold liver oil every morning; sold at health food stores, they have kids varieties. she has been taking it for 4 months and hasn't had one more rash since the week after i starting giving it to her. it's worth a try cause it's worked so well for us...good luck.
diprobase is very good for eczema. it's a prescribed cream and is basically a very very good moisturiser!! it may help the itching by making it less dry. a varient of this product is doublebase
My step daughter had eczema also, we used Johnson %26amp; Johnson specifically for that problem. It's like vaseline but absorbs quicker. It's a light green tube about 6 oz. You might find it in the baby section where they have wipes and diapers. Works great! I actually used it on my heels and the cracks went away! Try it!
Any lotion is fine, but to be honest using a cream or ointment base would be better if your daughter has eczema.





Lotions all have alcohol in them, this helps them dry quickly (with no greasy feeling) but unfortunately dries out some of the moisturizing properties as well.





I prefer a cream like Eucerin, or a petroleum base like vaseline petroleum jelly or Aquaphor. They are much better moisutizers for skin. They may be a little greasier when you put them on, but are MUCH more effective. Use at least twice a day and *immediately* after bathing.
My son has eczema pretty bad. In my opinion, the prescription creams do not work. We use Aveeno, Lubriderm, %26amp; eczema body wash. I've noticed that the Aveeno and Lubriderm lotions work the best.
My 5 month old has eczema on her face. We give her extra vitamin c and lately it seems to have cleared up. This also worked with my three year old son. As far as creams, my husband has severe eczema and he uses Eucerin, but lately we have been using an all natural cream made of Calendula and Comfrey for him and the baby. I also put flax oil on her eczema, because people with eczema are lacking in certain fatty acids and it really helps. You can buy it in a natural food store.
Vaseline skin care is good.
Cetaphil lotion, and soap. My mother has that and it has gone away since she has been using that.
in my town is a great soap store. all natural products.


when my baby was about a month old his face was all red from eczema. i used their pumkinsoap every day twice for a week and his face was all healed!!! here is their homepage:


www.rockymountainsoap.com


I really recommend that soap!!! Like i said before, it's all naturel!!!
Try the Eucerin cream, its expensive but its worth it
All the people I know with excema have a prescription cream from their doctor.
i use Eucerin cream on my son and i also use Aveeno. The problem is that most lotions are not fragrance free and have alcohol in them so look at the label and make sure it says alcohol free and/or fragrance free. baby product are very sensitive so try that

1 comment:

  1. Hi I have been using recuperating cream for many years now I don't need anything else. Try it you will be surprised WWW.dermatique.co.uk

    ReplyDelete