Monday, December 21, 2009

Best OTC Cream For Eczema?

I%26#039;ve had eczema since i was 6, and I%26#039;m 14 now.My physician prescribed me to steroid creams that caused my skin to become thick and leathery. There are so many options for OTC eczema creams, but i dont know which one to buy.(Spectro, Aveeno) I have severe eczema and it really makes me self conscious. I have to wear long sleeves and long pants in the summer, while my friends are in short shorts and a tanktop. :(|||I feel for you :( I had horrible eczema and they put me on steroid cream and pills :( but I recommend cetaphil. It%26#039;s in a lil plastic jar. After you take a shower, before you completely dry off put cetaphil on the effected areas so it will lock in moisture since ezcema is excessively dry skin. And for on the go carry around goldbond lotion with you. I haven%26#039;t had ezcema in over a year after that stuff.|||The main cause of eczema is overreaction of the immune system. Identifying certain foods, chemicals, etc can be very helpful in battling this disease. I try to avoid soy and milk products which trigger my flare-ups.


After using number of prescription drugs I%26#039;ve turned to the natural treatments.


Now I use herbal remedies from serenaskin.com, which aim at the root of the disease - the immune system, and are steroid-free.


After about 2 weeks of using ointment and spray my skin has been cleared up and now I just continue with anti-eczema extract, which controls the immune system. My skin has been clear for months now.


It is the only treatment I have found that provides me complete relief when I use it as directed.|||the best thing to use is zincofax. You can buy it in every drug store, and it%26#039;s meant for babies who have diaper rash. Make sure you apply it all over not just specifically on the affected areas. you may find that it will burn at first but I myself have had very bad eczema all over my hands, and I found that it worked great. Also, make sure you try not to cover it up, as your sweat glands will open and it will cause it to grow larger. Your eczema needs to breathe and part of the reason why yours is still there is becuase you keep covering it up.


they come in jars and they are about 12.00 each, and it%26#039;s quite a decent sized jar.|||I feel you, I%26#039;ve had Eczema my entire life too. I had it really bad as well and was so embarassed by it. The best thing, I have found is Aveeno. Twice a week I take a bath with the powder Aveeno stuff (I forget exactly what it%26#039;s called) and put lotion on every night when I go to bed after I get out of the shower. I%26#039;m 19 now and hardly get it anymore except in the winter when my skin gets really dry. So, to answer your question AVEENO!|||i have no idea

No comments:

Post a Comment